Problem: Eachine EV800/EV800D goggles have very cheap main buttons and switch construction.
Explanation: Too much pressure applied to the buttons, jostling or just regular use can lead to the momentary switches located beneath the buttons breaking and/or falling off inside the goggle. Can happen when the goggle is powered on, requiring you to open it and disconnect the power manually.
Solution: ‘Stuck’ / Failed Power switch in on position
- If power switch is non functional (button ‘over’ fully depressed and not turning off!):
- Unscrew antenna and front 4 screws on bottom of goggles
- Carefully remove cover to expose screen, board and battery
- Unplug battery (connects to board)
Solution: DYI Quick Fix
- Assess if switch is loose or broken
- If broken, fully remove it fully from the pads / if not, can attempt to re-attach (?)
- Can create a new temporary switch (while waiting to order a new momentary switch)
- Can use any switch or left over male/female connectors with attached wires to create the new power switch.
- Bring wires through existing power button hole or make a new hole
- Solder a wire each to the two small pads on the board where the switch was
- As it is replacing a momentary switch, your switch or connectors need to connect on and off to power it
- This method allows for the googles to be charged normally
- Looks bad but it does work as a quick fix